FIVE WAYS TO CELEBRATE INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY
Date: 2016-03-07 15:11
To: Pbnberkeley <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Five ways to celebrate International Women’s Day
Date: 2016-03-07 12:48
From: “Carmen Barroso, IPPF/WHR”
Facebook [ http://www.facebook.com/IPPF.WesternHemisphereRegion
]Twitter [ http://twitter.com/#!/ippf_whr ]Pinterest
[ http://pinterest.com/ippfwhr/ ]
[ http://ippfwhr.org/donate-eappeal ]
Dear pbnb reader,
Throughout my 40-year career, I have seen progress and opposition, but one thing remains the same: Women are strong, determined, and they are changing the world.
I am where I am because I was supported by strong and successful women like my Aunt Sarah, who believed I could achieve great things. Women inspired my career. They taught me 2 be brave and dream, and to follow through on my convictions despite the challenges.
This International Women’s Day, I ask you to join me in honoring women-not just what we’ve overcome, but the movement we’ve created. The movement that advanced abortion rights in countries like Mexico, the movement that yells “basta” (“enough!”) in the face of violence, the movement that supports its members to pursue their dreams.
The IPPF/WHR community celebrates women’s achievements every day, but here are five ways to join our celebration on International Women’s Day (March 8th):
* Take action: Sign this petition [ http://action.ippfwhr.org/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=18300&tag=ZikaPetitionEmail02132016 ] and speak out on behalf of women who need access to information and contraception during the Zika crisis.
* Catalyze change: Mentor girls, encourage inclusion and diversity in feminism, and, stay informed [ https://www.ippfwhr.org/en/salsa/plugged-in-novedades?email=kcastagnaro%40gmail.com&submit=Send ] about sexual and reproductive rights in the region, including opportunities to take action.
* Speak out: Join @IPPF_WHR and friends for a Twitter chat on International Women’s Day on Tuesday, March 8th at 11:30 am EST (#IWD2016), and follow IPPF/WHR on Facebook [ https://www.facebook.com/IPPF.WesternHemisphereRegion ] and Twitter [ https://twitter.com/ippf_whr ].
* Celebrate her: Share a story or an image on social media of a powerful woman who’s changed your life with #IWD2016-the first ten posts that tag IPPF/WHR will win special swag!
* Give back: Donate [ https://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/50834/p/salsa/donation/common/public/?donate_page_KEY=12850 ] to IPPF/WHR in honor of a brave woman who dared to stand up for something she believed in. To women around the world, we celebrate you!
Regional Director [ http://ippfwhr.org/donate-eappeal ] International Planned Parenthood Federation/Western Hemisphere Region
125 Maiden Lane, 9th Fl | New York, NY 10038
212.248.6400 | email@example.com
Facebook [ http://www.facebook.com/IPPF.WesternHemisphereRegion ]Twitter [ http://twitter.com/#!/ippf_whr ]Pinterest [ http://pinterest.com/ippfwhr/ ]